GIFTED AND TALENTED PROGRAM 2013
The Dancers Studio Gifted and Talented Program will be established in 2013, to give talented dance students in Junior Extension Programs –(Grade 3 RAD – Grade 5 RAD) and Senior Extension Programs- (Intermediate Foundations to Advance RAD), the opportunity to combine academic studies (SACE DANCE Year 11 and 12) with after school hours dance training to a pre-professional level.
Statement of Purpose
It is the purpose of The Dancers Studio to develop highly skilled, responsible dancers for Junior Extension Programs, Intermediate Extension Programs,Senior Extension Programs and tertiary entrance and beyond. This is by invitation for audition only. We will have around 10 per semester and send out new invites mid year for the second semester intake.
• Provide strong overall technique in all aspects of ballet
• Provide strong ground work in contemporary and jazz dance techniques
• Develop rehearsal and performance skills to a pre-professional level
• Develop a professional attitude with respect to personal health, work ethic and commitment
• Develop the discipline, motivation and creativity necessary to succeed in any chosen career.
The Junior Program has 10 places.
The Intermeditate Program has 10 places. (New for 2013)
The Senior Program has 10 places.